Tripifini, Inc. ("Tripifini" or "We", “us” or “our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Tripifini operates a platform service that enables people to find and book travel experiences directly with the travel or tour operator either through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”).This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide or make available when you visit any Tripifini website (including http://www.tripifini.com) or our mobile application and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Platform.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Platform.
- Through mobile applications, you download from the Platform, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Platform.
- When you communicate with Tripifini.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- people or companies that Tripifini does not own, control, employ or manage.
- any third party, including any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Platform.
We are a participant in the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U. S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland.Tripifini is in the process of certifying that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.For more information visit the US Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website located at export.gov/safeharbor.
Children Under the Age of 18
You must be at least 18 years old and otherwise have the legal capacity to form legally binding contracts under applicable law in order to use our Platform or register or create an account. If you are using the Platform you warrant that you are 18 years or older or otherwise are permitted as described below . If you are an unemancipated minor over the age of 13, you may only use our Services if such use is approved by your parent or legal guardian and your use is under their supervision.Additionally, your parent or legal guardian must approve of these Terms on your behalf. Usage of our Services by minors under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited.
Additionally, if we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child over 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.If you believe we might have any information from our about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you access or use the Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform, creating or updating your user account, posting material or requesting further services or information, even as a guest. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders. You will be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Platform.
- Information about you when you link your account on a third party site, for example, Facebook, to your Tripifini account, in which case we will obtain personal information that you have provided to that third party site and allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you.
- Your search queries on the Platform, such as when you search for travel experiences, make or accept bookings, pay for travel experiences, post reviews or comments or communicate with other users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as cookies and associated data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, navigation data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- The information contained in the “referring URL” for the last website you visited that we may receive as part of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (“HTTP”) request.
- Information about your computer, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device including general information (IP, zip code) and more specific information such as GPS-based functionality used to access the Platform.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities (behavioral tracking).While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser setting, we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header in your browser or application. We will track your navigation if you click on a Tripifini advertisement placed on a third party Platform or through a search engine.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Tripifini, for example, to count users who have visited those web pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Platform statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Platform content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
We use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with our Platform. This service provides non-personally identifiable data including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on our Platform, and where visitors went when they left the Platform. We use this information to improve your experience when visiting our Platform. Please click to learn more about this service and how to opt-out of data collection by Google Analytics.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices regarding your account, including details about a travel experience.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Platform.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the registration form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
When you use our Platform, your data will be sent to the United States and possibly other countries. We will transfer, use, store, and process your information, including personal information to the United States and other countries outside of the European Union.Because the privacy laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, the laws where you reside may be different from the places where your information is used, stored, transferred or processed. If you are located in the European Union or Switzerland, please see our Safe Harbor Notice.
- To our suppliers, travel operators or tour operators to provide you with the products or services you have requested from us.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Tripifini's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Tripifini about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Platform, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tripifini, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated de-identified information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-in by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from Tripifini. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions or click on the “unsubscribe” link on the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Tripifini as a result of a travel experience purchase, product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review, update, correct, or change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change the information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
Persons residing in the European Union may request in writing copies of their personal information held by us.To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with such a copy not more than 40 days after the request in writing.You may also update your personal information in your account as described in Accessing and Correcting Your Information.You may also request deletion of your personal data if you believe that relevant European Union data protection laws require it.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any Tripifini user.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Change of Control
Last updated:June 16, 2015